Friday, November 30, 2012

WINNER!!

Yes, I am a winner :D


It feels so good to be finished with NaNoWriMo a whole day early! I won three years in a row, 2007, 2008 and 2009, and then I lost 2010 and 2011. In 2010 me and Travis got engaged halfway through the month, so my novel writing plans kind of got thrown out the window... I did not mind AT ALL hahaha. Then in 2010 I didn't win, because being married, you don't exactly want to spend countless all-nighter's typing away in front of the computer. It's more fun to spend your time together, snuggling, laughing and what-not. 

Of course, we did plenty of that this year too, but I was determined to get to my goal of 50,000 words by the end of November 30th. I did it!!!!!!! Travis has been a big help throughout this whole month. He is encouraging and totally believes in me. He has helped me tremendously!!!

Also, my Mom is absolutely amazing. She let me come to work with her three different times. I was able to use her little office computer, because she has a separate area that she has to be at most of the time, so it worked really nice! I used to work with her, so it was like old times, except I got to do whatever I wanted... namely, write! During those days I wrote 2K (because I had to work on a job as well), 5407, and then 5182 words. My Mom bought me coffee on the way to work and treated me to lunch. It was a wonderful experience being able to spend the whole day with her again like that. She is one of the reasons why I was able to catch up so much on certain days!!! So happy :)

I planned my novel all though out October this year, and I had everything worked out perfectly. But, when I actually started writing, it all changed. The middle is kind of wacky, and I will have to cut and rewrite most of it, but the beginning and end parts are really good. My story has changed a lot, there are some really major changes, but I am liking where this novel is going. I have a lot to finish, so I am going to keep on writing until this first draft is DONE! 

Okay, now I'm gonna go eat the rest of my yummy, dark chocolate! Yummmmmmmm

No comments:

Post a Comment